F R E E F A L L
Welcome to the 21st Century.
[ NOTES ]
"Related" is used here in the loosest sense possible.
- United Nations
Office for Outer Space Affairs (OOSA)
- From the United Nations Office at Vienna (UNOV). As they say: "The
United Nations has no current involvement in SETI, UFOs or any other
related activities" (my emphasis).
- The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong
- You can view English or Chinese language versions of this website.
- The Life and Microgravity Spacelab Mission (LMS)
- NASA information on the Space Shuttle mission studying microgravity.
An anthropomorphic furry
comic strip by Mark Stanley, who also appears to be a
Red Dwarf fan.
- The "I Can Eat Glass" Project
"The Project is based on the idea that people in a foreign country have an
irresistable urge to try to say something in the indigenous tongue. In
most cases, however, the best a person can do is 'Where is the bathroom?'
a phrase that marks them as a tourist. But, if one says 'I can eat glass,
it doesn't hurt me,' you will be viewed as an insane native, and treated
with dignity and respect."
- Rare person who nibbles glass cups
Lin bit the glass cup like [a] sweet apple,
and chewed the glass into pieces like roasted bean. The waiters and
were all amazed to see the glass cups [which] were eaten one by one, and some
waitresses were so frightened to see [this]. Lin told them with [a] smile after [he]
bits of glass: "Don't be afraid, the glass is just like food in my mouth."
- My Home Page
- The lesser half of my presence on the World Wide Web.
- My Day Job
- I'm a Webmaster/Producer for the PalmSource Platform Marketing Group.
- F.A.R.M. Patrol
- My senior project for Computer Science: a Macintosh game based on
the 1980's arcade favorite "Moon Patrol".
- Fast Food Adventure
- Kit: "Whoa. The heat must be gettin' to her."
Baloo: "It's not the heat, it's the stupidity."
- Solar System Live
- "The interactive Orrery of the Web." See where the planets are in
their orbits at any time between 4713 B.C. and A.D. 8000. Also print
ephemerides and track asteroids and comets.
- Freefall in Java
- Puzzle game involving colored blocks. It's cool, really.
- Linaker's Java Phongo torus
- For some reason, the words "four color map theorem" come to mind...
Reflections on freefall
- Leon Malinofsky writes about the experience of skydiving.
- The Basics, by Mike Michigan
- An introduction to the principles associated with atmospheric freefall.
Précis on Galileo's study of freefall motion
- It's amazing what a Lycos search on a single word will return.
JenActive's Freefall Fan Art
- Brought to you by supporters of Image Comics' Gen 13.
- Quintex Alliance Consulting,
- Well, I can forget about using that domain name...
[ NOTES ]
Copyright © 1996-2002 Curtis C. Chen. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified: 30 Jul 2007